Regular stretching and exercising actually decreases pain and discomfort. It prepares the body for other activities.
It can also strengthen weak muscles and you will feel better for it. Remember to start slowly and build up or increase your stretching and exercising. Its not as hard as you think.
If you are in pain, remember that unfit and under used muscles feel more pain than toned ones. Talk with your physiotherapist or fitness coach about an individually tailored stretching and exercise programme that you could can work on steadily and safely.
This will help you build your confidence, muscle and joint strength. Remember that swimming (or just walking up and down in the pool) is also a low impact exercise and is good for you if you have join problems.
15 reasons why stretching and exercising is good for you
- Helps to improve and maintain good overall health
- Increases strong cardiovascular system - heart, lungs and blood vessels
- Increases muscle strength
- Improves flexibility
- Increases endurance and stamina
- Increases natural pain killers (endorphins) in the bodys nervous system which help control pain
- Helps with weight control
- Helps to improve quality of sleep
- Helps balance and co-ordination
- Reduces fatigue and increases energy
- Reduces muscular tension, stress and depression
- Helps combat depression and anxiety
- Helps maintain a positive outlook
- Helps to prevent constipation
- Can be sociable
- Drinking Water
Water is essential for a healthy life so drinking plenty of water is important for everyone. Its even more important if you are taking part in physical exercise, so make sure you keep properly hydrated before, during and after exercising.