- Accept that you have persistent pain & move on
- Get Involved - Building a support team
- Pacing. Learn to pace yourself
- Learn to prioritise and plan out your days
- Setting Goals and Action Plans
- Being patient with yourself
- Learn relaxation skills & keep relaxed
- Keeping fit. Stretching & Exercise
- Keep a diary and track your progress
- Have a set-back plan to fall back on
- Team Work. Get involved with others
- Keeping it up. Put into practise tools, 1-11
Available in French, German
Italian & more
The Pain Toolkit is also available in French, German & Italian and many more languages. They can be downloaded by clicking here.
Pacing. Learn to pace yourself
Pacing daily activities is one of the key tools to self managing your pain.
You need to begin to pace your work and also other everyday activities. Did you recognise yourself from the pain cycle?
You tend to over do things, or rest too much and become inactive and lose fitness.
Pacing in short is: taking a break before you need it throughout the day. But how can you remember to pace yourself?
Remember the old saying … "How do you eat an elephant?"
Answer: One bite at a time! Pacing is carrying out activities one bite at a time and not tackling all of them at once!
For examples of pacing daily activities and other useful resources, why not visit our resources page.