- Accept that you have persistent pain & move on
- Get Involved - Building a support team
- Pacing. Learn to pace yourself
- Learn to prioritise and plan out your days
- Setting Goals and Action Plans
- Being patient with yourself
- Learn relaxation skills & keep relaxed
- Keeping fit. Stretching & Exercise
- Keep a diary and track your progress
- Have a set-back plan to fall back on
- Team Work. Get involved with others
- Keeping it up. Put into practise tools, 1-11
Available in French, German
Italian & more
The Pain Toolkit is also available in French, German & Italian and many more languages. They can be downloaded by clicking here.
Being patient with yourself
Take things steadily. It may take you a few weeks or months to see changes or improvements.
When you start to feel good, you may want to catch up with activities that you may have let go of. Don't be tempted to over do it otherwise your chances of yet another set back could increase.
A good saying is 'take things one day at a time'. And also, ask for help and support from others - its not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.