- Accept that you have persistent pain & move on
- Get Involved - Building a support team
- Pacing. Learn to pace yourself
- Learn to prioritise and plan out your days
- Setting Goals and Action Plans
- Being patient with yourself
- Learn relaxation skills & keep relaxed
- Keeping fit. Stretching & Exercise
- Keep a diary and track your progress
- Have a set-back plan to fall back on
- Team Work. Get involved with others
- Keeping it up. Put into practise tools, 1-11
Available in French, German
Italian & more
The Pain Toolkit is also available in French, German & Italian and many more languages. They can be downloaded by clicking here.
Keep a diary and track your progress
Keeping a diary of your progress will help you to see how far you have come and note the successes you have achieved. This will help you to build on success.
But it is also handy to note what didn't work so you can learn from those experiences. We sometimes learn more from our errors and not from our successes.
Try to write down one piece of evidence each day to show yourself how you are positively self managing your pain. Doing this has been shown to increase peoples confidence.