- Accept that you have persistent pain & move on
- Get Involved - Building a support team
- Pacing. Learn to pace yourself
- Learn to prioritise and plan out your days
- Setting Goals and Action Plans
- Being patient with yourself
- Learn relaxation skills & keep relaxed
- Keeping fit. Stretching & Exercise
- Keep a diary and track your progress
- Have a set-back plan to fall back on
- Team Work. Get involved with others
- Keeping it up. Put into practise tools, 1-11
Available in French, German
Italian & more
The Pain Toolkit is also available in French, German & Italian and many more languages. They can be downloaded by clicking here.
Learn to prioritise and plan out your days
Prioritising and planning your days is an essential tool.
Make a list of things you would like to do but remember to be flexible. It is a great way to set yourself a starting point.
- Monday AM - vacuum the living room and have a couple of breaks so that I pace myself.
- Monday PM - prepare food for evening meal - sit down to do this.
- Tuesday AM - go swimming, meet friend for a coffee/tea - practise some relaxation when I get home.
- Tuesday PM - I write an activity plan for next day.